Tuesday, January 23, 2007

BIKE WATCH: ASIAN TREASURES

What are metal dreams?

Anyhow, the BIKE WATCH article for today hits home... hard.

If you have TV, live in the city, or is seemingly aware of the world around you, you would have heard of the new GME teleserye: ASIAN TREASURES starring Angel Locsin and Robin Padilla. There are two things about this show that caught my attention.

First, it sounds like they're veering into "archaeology", which is my field. I do not doubt that my people are keeping a close watch. I mean, they didn't even consult us for the love of god! God knows what kind of archaeology will be featured there. Media hype is a delicate issue as it would dictate how people will view our field of work and us, the real archaeologists. The last GMA show that featured an archaeologist had him lost in a cave and turned into a monster. What the hell! Cave sites are rather numerous and it doesn't help if the people think that one of us have monster-transforming talents. Que Transformers openning credit song.

According to Wikipedia (galing, wikipedia agad), "Asian Treasures is the upcoming action-packed epic adventure teledrama from GMA Network starring Robin Padilla and Angel Locsin, and is directed by Eric Quizon. The series is set to premiere this January 15, 2007 as part of GMA Network's 2007 First Quarter Explosion." The plot goes a predicable evil secret society (Sudarna) and good secret society (KKK - Kapatirang Kumakalinga ng Kayamanan). Both secret societies are after treasures gathered by 10 trinket hungry Bornean datus back in ancient times, the former is looting while the later is "protecting" (It is said that the KKK's way of protecting is in good intention, I hope that after they "gather" these artifacts, they fully intend to turn it over the National Museum which is the legistatively right or lawful thing to do). Of course, Angel is the point person of the KKK while Robin is her body guard of sorts.

Haven't I heard this before in some GMA defunct show starring Guitierrez? Oh well.

The second, more personal, reason... bikes. Que Asian Treasure TV plug. We go through several shots of Angel (Gabriella/Gabby) and Robin (Elias) in different action sequences. Then, lo and behold, we see Angel in black "suit" on a pretty bike. I have yet to acquire a photo of her on that bike. Rest assured, I am working on it. My friends cannot be bothered to find the said photo, prolly coz she's too covered. I wonder if she has a friendster account.

My first reaction was this:
"WTF! Angel Locsin can ride?!" said I in a hell-freezes-over tone.
"She SEEMINGLY can ride," answered my biker source in a monotonous tone.
"I saw the Asian Treasures plug," I explained. "She was on a bloody bike!"
"Yes, I've seen the plug," said biker source. "But... did you actually SEE her ride?" (wink wink)
"Hmmm," said I with reality dawning on me.
It was true. I didn't SEE her ride. The clip shows her ON a bike -- a stationary bike! She wasn't riding. She was merely sitting there with her helmet on, then in a true Baywatch fashion (out here in field!), took off her helmet with her hair streaming behind her. The camera took it from above so her milky cleavage was all over.

What really bothered me was that she MIGHT be riding one of my prefered two wheels: BMW K 1200 R!!! WTF!!! The producers certainly know their stuff. Yeah, lets put her jugs and her on the fastest bike BMW can friggin' offer. However, I am uncertain whether it was really a BMW K 1200 R as I have yet to see it up close. It seemed german though, bulky and seemingly indestructible.

I shell let you, my readers, know when I've gotten to the bottom of things.

No comments: